Vision – Achieving Excellence
At HTC we are committed to ‘Achieving Excellence’ for all our students. We are proud to be a College where all students have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, enabling them to be highly educated, responsible and confident young people ready to face the challenges of their future. We endeavour to ensure that your child’s education is the best that it can be; vibrant, exciting and unique in its nature. We enable all students to achieve more than they first thought was possible through our broad and balanced curriculum and high quality teaching.
Be part of our vision.
At Horndean Technology College it is our vision to:
- Achieve excellence in all that we do.
- Uphold the rights of every child according to the United Nations Convention.
- Offer an atmosphere of safety, security and stability, in which students feel valued, cared for, known as an individual and enjoy learning.
- Give every student an equal opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
- Offer encouragement and to celebrate all achievements within and beyond the curriculum.
- Offer a learning experience which stimulates curiosity and interest and a personalised curriculum which encourages creativity, imagination and enterprise, producing successful, happy and effective citizens of the 21st Century.
- Offer challenging learning situations in which students learn from their mistakes and reflect upon their own and others’ knowledge, opinions and experiences.
- Have an expectation of self-responsibility built on the community values of mutual respect, a mind to be kind and with firm, but sensitive, boundaries and expectations.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and change; remaining at the forefront of developing technology as a tool for learning.
- Positively prepare students for life in modern Britain and promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.